Dorel UK Ltd is market leader in the baby products market with popular brands like Maxi-Cosi, Quinny, Safety 1st and Tiny Love. Supplying most major retailers like Mothercare, Argos and Asda etc. With 85 people based in the UK split between a sales and marketing office in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire and a Distribution Centre at Bury St Edmunds, it’s the successful UK business of Dorel Inc a global consumer products company.
Millions enjoy Dorel Industries products daily. Our juvenile and bicycle brands are recognized globally by consumers for safety, comfort, innovation and fun. Established in 1962, Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality and value. The Company’s safety and lifestyle leadership is pronounced in both its Juvenile and Bicycle categories with an array of trend-setting, innovative products. Bike brands include Cannondale, GT and Mongoose. Dorel Home Furnishings is principally within North America. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.7 billion and employs approximately 10,450 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide.
To complete our UK Sales team, we are currently looking for a Product Trainer. This position is home based but most of your time will be spent on the road training.
Your mission will be to co-ordinate the training of customers in the South of England, but potentially help out with UK wide training. You will do this successfully by building strong business relationships with the retailers and their teams of sales people as well as internal business partners in marketing and sales.
You are enthusiastic about nursery products but in particular you have a desire to: help retailers to understand our products and empower them to give the best and most up to date information; help consumers to make an informed choice when buying our products.
The main responsibilities of the Product Trainer are:
- To liaise and arrange appointments with customers for product training sessions.
- You will need to be willing to spend your week on the road and be in a position to spend some nights away from home, visiting the stores in your area and making sure that the retailers are fully trained so that they are confident, informed and passionate when talking to their customers about the product ranges.
- To plan and organize cost effective journey plans, including all accommodation required.
- To prepare for and attend all UK and European Trade shows when required. To attend and assist at any other relevant nursery related shows, within reason, throughout the year.
- To manage the requirement of samples and point of sale materials for training events.
- To carry out car seat and pushchair product training UK wide. You train and develop store staff, help them to develop their knowledge of the products and are confident to conduct in-store demonstrations and interactive workshops.
- To notify the Sales Training Manager of any defective products found. To report back to relevant departments within Dorel, all positive and negative feedback received on any products currently in the market place.
- To work within a team to update training literature and information for retailers.
- To provide reports of journey plans and appointments made to the Sales Training Manager on a weekly basis.
- To provide contact reports to the Sales Training Manager to ensure effective management and co-ordination of the training programs.
- To provide the Sales Training Manager with monthly reports on all training activity undertaken, advising of any issues or key areas of interest that may be beneficial to the organization.
- You have 1-3 years relevant experience within a retail environment - preferably in sales training.
- You have the confidence and ability to present accurate information to a large and varied audience (this must be in your nature).
- You must be able to demonstrate high levels of integrity and trust.
- You are bright and articulate, with an engaging, energetic, confident approach with good interpersonal skills.
- You are self-motivated and happy to work autonomously. Flexibility is essential within this role as you may be required to attend trade shows which involve occasional weekend work.
- You must hold a clean and current driving license.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?